My firm was established in February of 1989. I have been a solo practitioner since then. I represent debtors and small businesses. My primary focus is Debtor relief. I also do plaintiff's personal injury work and divorce work. I also represent Social Security claimants.Example cases
• Foskey vs. International Realty Sales, 180 Ga. App. 858, 350 S.E. 2d 841 (1986)
• Jones vs. Jones, 264 Ga. 169, 441 S.E. 2d 745 (1994)
• Murrell vs. State, 200 Ga. App. 231, 407 S.E. 2d 460 (1991)
• McKissick vs. S.O.A., Inc., 299 Ga. App. 772, 684 S.E. 2d 24 (2009)
815 Carroll Street
Perry GA 31069
Yes I offer a free initial consultation.
I have set fees for all services.
• My fee for a single filer in Chapter 7 is $800 plus court costs, for joint filers, the fee is $1,250 plus court costs.
• For single Chapter 13 filers, the fee is $2,500 plus court costs, and for joint filers, the fee is $3,000 plus court costs.
I quote a flat fee and will offer a discount to Nolo clients.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
I can be contacted after hours if there is an emergency.
I represented bankruptcy debtors early in my career and I developed expertise in this area of law over time.
It is important for clients to educate themselves about legal matters that pertain to them.
I routinely review legal documents prepared by clients and other counsel.
In general, I do not advocate pro se representation. I do not advocate pro se representation in bankruptcy cases in particular. The bankruptcy courts have layers of arcane and procedural rules that can trip up even experienced lawyers.
I was employed as a staff attorney at Hyatt Legal Services from 1986 to 1989 in Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to that, I was employed for attorney James W. Smith in Athens, Georgia from 1985 to 1986.
I worked my way through college as a laborer in various job titles in a paper mill. I have worked with and met people from all walks of life. My undergraduate education in government, my life experiences, and my years practicing law, all contribute to making me a better lawyer.
I have a strong working knowledge of the law. I am detail oriented and I make sure I get the information needed to file Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 petitions in the courts.Personal interests:
I am a history buff. I have published two historical novels and am working to publish a third. I also like to hunt and fish and spend time with my family.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.