Using my legal expertise gained over the last 20 years as a divorce attorney and mediator to make your complex California divorce more efficient, affordable and ultimately, easier than it could be.
I have personally and professionally traversed the terrain of marriage and divorce for 23 years, which has led me, the experienced divorce attorney and mediator, to learn how you, a marrying or divorcing man or woman, may be able to make this leg of your journey easier and your life happier.
My services are:
Progressive - they include legal, pragmatic and practical advice peppered with contemplative philosophies and neuroscience lessons*
Innovative - they give you the opportunity to use experienced complex California divorce attorney to make your divorce easier, even if it is contentious, or your marriage stronger.
Practical, comprehensive and laser focused - they are designed to help you discover exactly what you need to know and can do now in light of your personal and very unique circumstances.
I am a member of the State Bar of California and the Hawaii State Bar Association. I am also a mediator for the Sonoma Superior Court No-Fee Mediation panel, and an instructor for the San Francisco Community BoardsÂ mediators. I served as a bar exam grader on the State Bar of California Committee of Bar Examiners for a number of years.
I have litigated, negotiated, mediated and settled these and other California family law issues:
* Joinder of Parties
* Valid Marriages
* Fraud (set asides)
* Attorney Fees and costs
* Date of legal separation trials
* Property rights during marriage
* Prenuptial Agreements (reviews, enforcement, challenges, interpretations)
* Postnuptial Agreements
* Child custody (establishing and/or modifying legal custody, physical custody visitation rights [including grandparent step-parent issues])
* Child support (establishing, modifying, enforcing; expedited [ex parte] orders, temporary [pendente lite] support, arrears; guideline challenges relating to high-income earners; waivers; life insurance; deferred sales of homes)
* Spousal support (establishing, modifying, terminating, expedited [ex parte] orders; temporary [pendente lite] support; long-term support; health insurance; earnings assignment orders; taxation; marital standard of living analysis; Gavron orders; life insurance)
* Property characterization (transmutations; tracings)
* Property valuation (personal property, businesses, real property)
* Division of Property (businesses [sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, LLCs]; stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc.; stock options; reimbursements; retirement plan benefits, pensions, IRAs, 401ks, etc.; real estate [commercial, residential])
* Debts and Liabilities (credit cards; secured and unsecured personal loans; mortgages, equity loans, lines of credit, foreclosure judgments, civil judgments, business loans, medical debts, student loans)
* Trusts including those with spendthrift, discretionary, and support provision