Founded by Rodney Jefferson, a former State & Federal Prosecutor, the Jefferson Law Firm understands the challenges and opportunities the legal system can provide. As a full service law firm, we offer solutions tailored to your individual needs.
As society changes, more and more people depend on the legal system to help them resolve their problems. Our firm believes that each client deserves and expects quality service, reasonable fees, and a commitment to communication.
We have years of experience handling cases involving bankruptcy, personal injury and domestic matters. When you visit or call our offices we realize that you are looking for an attorney who will be committed to achieving your goals in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Federal bankruptcy law, Title 11 of the U.S. Code, provides every American with the right to erase debt and gain a fresh start with their finances. For many of our clients it is the first step towards rebuilding stability for their families.
With years of experience in both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, The Jefferson Law Firm will find the best solution to get you back on track in this unsteady economy.
Who files for bankruptcy in Virginia?
Studies show that the most common reasons that individuals and families file for bankruptcy protection are:
* Divorce or legal separation
* Unexpected job loss, and the inability to find a new job with a similar salary and benefits
* Medical expenses that are not reimbursed by insurance
* Small business failures
What documents will I need to get started?
You should bring the following documents with you for your complimentary consultation:
* Payoff statements for cars and mortgages
* A current list of your household expenses
* A recent pay stub from your employer
* Tax assessments for property you own
* Copies of tax returns for the past two years
What experience or education distinguishes your lawyers from others
Our firm thoroughly understands the challenges and opportunities the legal system can present. We offer free initial consultations in bankruptcy and family law related matters. Together, our attorneys and staff have over 20 years of experience handling serious bankruptcy, criminal defense and domestic matters. In that time, we have earned a reputation, with our clients and peers, as aggressive attorneys who provide quality legal services.
What distinguishes your law firm from others?
The Jefferson Law Firm strives to exceed our clientâs expectations while maintaining our commitment to providing unparalleled service. Our goal is to achieve the results you expect in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
James Madison University
Bachelor of Science
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.