Practice Areas: Criminal and Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Domestic Relations, Medical Malpractice, Administrative, Contract,
Admitted: 1971, Kansas and U.S. District Court, District of Kansas; 1972, U.S. Claims Court and U.S. Emergency Court of Appeals; 1973, U.S. Court of International Trade; 1974, U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia; 1976, Virginia
Law School: University of Kansas, J.D. June 1971
Member: Alexandria (Member, Board of Directors, 1983-985), Virginia (Member, 1982-1985 and Chairman, 1983-1984, 8th District Grievance Committee; Member, Board of Directors, 1985-1992 and Chairman, 1990-1992, Clients' Protection Fund; Board of Directors, 1992-1999; Fellows Council, 1999-, Virginia Law Foundation; President, 1998), Virginia State Bar
-preeminent attorney designation since 2005.
-AV rated Attorney for over 30 years
- The Order of Barristers. President, University of Kansas Moot Court Council, 1971.
- Member of team receiving Special Commendation Award, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, December, 1974.
- Recipient, Attorney General Special Commendation Award for Outstanding Service, Office of the U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia, October, 1976.
- Lecturer in Law, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C., 1972-1974.
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Washington, D.C., 1972-1974.
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia, 1974-1977.
- Trustee, 1981-1992 and President 1983-1987, Alexandria Law Library.
- Master at Bar, 1989-1999, Secretary-Treasurer, 1990-1998 and Member Emeritus, 1999-, George Mason American Inns of Court.
- Life Member, The National Registry of "Who's Who," 2001.
-Listed, Outstanding Lawyers of America, 2003.
-Fellow, Virginia law foundation, 1999-
--Member, various association boards of directors, serving as presidents for many.
--Member, various school boards for area private schools, and capital campaign chairman.
Place of birth: Bellville, Kansas, March 1945
Military Service: Captain, U.S. Army, 1968-1974
Agencies: Representation of clients before Federal Grand Juries, IRS matters, SBA Hearing Officers, Medical Review Boards, Real Estate Licensing Agencies, and Legal Grievance Committees and Boards.