Are you a disabled Texan who can no longer work, or has the Social Security Administration (SSA) denied you Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Benefits (SSDI/SSI)? If so, please contact us, we may be able to help you!
Skaar Law specializes exclusively in Social Security Disability Cases from the initial filing of the claim through every level of appeal, including appeals at the Federal District Court and Federal Court of Appeals levels. Daniel A. Skaar, Esq. is a solo practitioner and is joined by two highly experienced legal assistants, Melva and Kim, combining with over 30 years of practice with the Social Security Administration and in private law practice.
- Main Office
122 Fall Creek
122 Fall Creek
Grapevine TX 76051
- Free Initial Consultation?
All Consultations Are Free Of Charge.
- Services Offered For Fixed Fees?
All fees at the Administrative Level are contingent. What that means is if you are not awarded disability benefits, then there is no fee. If you are awarded benefits, and there are retroactive benefits ("past benefits") due to you, then the legal fee comes from the back benefits and is limited to 25 percent of the back benefits with a maximum fee of $6000. This type of fee is used in the vast majority of cases. If there are no back benefits available (due to a very timely award of benefits), then a reasonably hourly fee must be approved by the Social Security Administration (normally about $1000.00). This type of fee is very rare because most claims take a year to adjudicate allowing for legal fees from back benefits.
- Hourly Rates
$175.00 per hour if there are no back benefits.
- Social Security Disability
Skaar Law is a boutique law firm that is focused solely on Social Security Disability cases. The firm is comprised of a single attorney and two legal assistants with over 30 years of experience in Social Security Disability practice.Unlike the large, nationally advertised firms that populate the Social Security Disability field, Social Security Attorney Daniel Skaar is a solo practitioner whose practice is focused solely on Texas Social Security Disability, enabling a personal and singular focus on each of his clients. Daniel provides old-fashioned one on one personal service that is virtually non-existent in the legal field today. Only Daniel and his legal assistants Melva and Kim work with Daniel's clients. Daniel understands the financial and physical constraints burdening his clients and has made a commitment to travel to any Texas location, at times convenient to his clients, in order to meet his client's needs. Daniel's unique commitment to personal service coupled with his sole focus on the area of Social Security Disability in Texas set him apart from firms practicing in multiple areas of law and national firms that simply cannot match Daniel's focus on personal service for Texas clients.
Daniel earned his Juris Doctor Degree with Highest Honors from Concord University School of Law in California and was awarded the ALI - ABA Scholarship and Leadership award by the American Law Institute and the American Bar Association. Daniel is a member of the American Bar Association as well as the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR). Outside of his Texas Social Security Disability Practice, Daniel is also a licensed member of the California and Wisconsin Bars.
- Daniel earned his Juris Doctor Degree with Highest Honors from Concord University School of Law in California and was awarded the ALI - ABA Scholarship and Leadership award by the American Law Institute and the American Bar Association. Daniel is a member of the American Bar Association as well as the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR). Outside of his Texas Social Security Disability Practice, Daniel is also a licensed member of the California and Wisconsin Bars.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.