My partner, Sogand Zamani, and I founded Zamani & Scott LLP in 2010 because we are passionate about adoption and assisted reproductive technology and helping clients resolve difficult family law matters with dignity and respect.
Zamani & Scott LLP is a family law firm established to help clients start, grow, restructure, and plan for their families. To unwind marriages and long-term committed relationships in a thoughtful, holistic, and practical manner. We are committed to helping you accurately understand your options and achieve the best resolution possible in your specific circumstances. Zamani & Scott LLP is located in Washington, D.C. and services families in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Colorado.
Representative Family Matters. As a firm, Zamani & Scott LLP has significant experience representing individuals in the representative matters below:
• Individuals in same-sex relationships who seek a second parent adoption.
• Individuals, including foster parents, seeking to adopt a child in the abuse and neglect system.
• Children as a guardian ad litem in adoption and custody proceedings.
• Individuals involved in custody disputes.
• Individuals experiencing domestic violence who wish to pursue a protective order.
• Individuals seeking separation or divorce, as well as custody of minor children.
Employment & Employee Benefits
• Individuals terminated from employment who wish to negotiate terms of severance.
• Individuals seeking employment who wish to negotiate employment contracts, including independent contractor agreements.
• Individuals experiencing discrimination, including age, sex (including pregnancy), gender, ethnicity, race and other discrimination.
• Individuals seeking Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO), Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QMACO)
• Individuals seeking long-term disability benefits
Wills & Estate Planning
• Individuals seeking wills, living wills, financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and advance directives
• Individuals requiring assistance with wealth transfer and estate planning, including estate planning for same-sex couples.
2121 K Street
Washington DC 20037
We offer reasonable flat fees wherever appropriate, except for cases that involve litigation due to the unpredictability of litigation.
Our partners bill at $325/hour.
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We are available to our clients after hours should an emergency arise in their case.
My partner, Sogand Zamani, speaks French and Farsi.
I am passionate about family formation through adoption and assisted reproductive technology. I also believe that even the most difficult family disputes can be resolved in a dignified, respectful manner and that's where my collaborative training is incredibly useful.
Zamani & Scott LLP is a client driven firm. We always encourage individuals to educate themselves prior to engaging an attorney for any reason. It is our goal to empower our clients with the necessary information to understand their options and to make informed decisions.
We are happy to review any documents prepared by clients.
We will determine whether it is appropriate to coach a client on a case by case basis.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.