Williams & Williams is a family firm. We have practiced bankruptcy law in Bakersfield for more than 35 years. We are now conveniently located in the bankruptcy court building at 1300 18th St., Suite B.
Unlike some law firms, who only file chapter 7's and few or no chapter 13's, we file many of both. We believe that every client should be given all of the options and be told about all the benefits of each chapter.
For example, although both chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy will discharge common debts such as credit card obligations, medical bills, older income taxes and deficiencies on repossessed vehicles, only chapter 13 offers these additional benefits:
1. Possible elimination of second mortgages while keeping your property.
2. Stopping foreclosure and providing a no-interest payment plan on the payments you are behind on your house.
3. For income taxes that cannot be discharged, we can freeze the interest and penalties and let you pay back the amount you owe usually with no further interest or penalties.
4. Reduce the balance on your vehicle loan and the interest rate.
These are just some of the reasons why should call our office today to schedule a free consultation. Our fees are reasonable and competitive. Even in chapter 13, we will quote you a flat fee for the work to be done. Some law firms who file Ch. 13's charge hourly and will not guarantee the maximum fee you will pay.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.