Kruger & Schwartz was established in 1990 and focuses on:
• Consumer Bankruptcy and Reorganization
• Business Bankruptcy
• Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
In Re: Brinley (6th Circuit Court of Appeals)
Judicial Lien Avoidance Case
We won the case and helped established criteria for lien avoidance in the Sixth Circuit.
In Re: Kennedy (6th Circuit 2001)
Won case. Represented creditor who had judgment against debtors for defamation. Successfully argued that claim was non-dischargeable.
Yes. I offer a free initial consultation in person or by phone (including Skype). The consultation usually lasts approximately 45 minutes.
I handle almost all Chapter 7 cases on a flat fee basis. My fees vary depending on the complexity of the case. I will quote a flat fee once the client has had an initial consultation with me, whether in person or by phone. For Chapter 13 cases, the fees are set by the court and in most routine cases; no upfront fees are required other than court costs. The filing fee for Chapter 13 is currently $274.
This varies depending on the type of matter. As previously noted, most cases are handled on a flat fee basis.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Other times available by appointment. Call me toll free at (866) 366-3328.
I enjoy helping people.
I think that is a great idea. The more homework the client does before consulting with me the better.
I am willing to review documents prepared by the client.
I provide a free consultation but will not coach client who want to represent themselves.
• Associate Attorney, Greenebaum, Treitz & Maggiolo, Louisville, KY - 1987 to 1989
• In House Counsel, Fifth Third Bank, Cincinnati, OH - 1986 to 1987
• Associate Attorney, Mapother & Mapother - 1984 to 1986
I have almost 28 years of experience handling bankruptcy and reorganization cases. During that time, I have represented debtors, creditors and trustees in bankruptcy cases in Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee.
I give every client the time and attention that he or she needs. My advice is always direct and to the point. I try and explain everything to the client in a manner that he or she will understand rather than speaking in legalese.Personal interests:
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family. I also enjoying reading (especially history), going to the theatre, and attending sporting events.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.