The Law Office of Melissa M. Pearce was established in January 2009. I founded my firm to help individuals navigate the legal system, regardless of their financial position in life. I work with clients on a case-by-case situation in establishing retainers and paying of fees.
My firm is able to provide legal guidance and assistance for charges involving DUI, assault and battery, Minor in Possession, Drug charges, retail fraud, theft, as well as divorce, post-judgment child custody and child support issues, bankruptcy, estate planning.
I assist individuals in protecting their Second Amendment rights and to be free from unreasonable search and seizures.
1. In a recent traffic case, I was able to get the case dismissed on a directed verdict, because the state was not able to prove everything necessary for the court to find my client responsible.
2. In a juvenile felony case, I was able to show the court that my client was not the troubled kid the prosecutor was trying to show and given a chance, that the incident would not occur again. His case was dismissed after three months of probation with no conviction.
2276 Wixom Road
Commerce Township MI 48382
Yes, the first hour is free for all initial consultations.
I offer fixed-price fees for certain matter and will notify the client immediately if their matter falls within my fixed-price fees category prior to further discussion of the matter.
$175 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Yes, proficient in French and German
I chose my primary area of practice because those are areas of law that I see impacting people's lives every day and with lifelong consequences.
I encourage clients to learn as much about the law for themselves, so it will allow the client and myself to spend our time more productively in resolving the matter with the client's best interest in the forefront.
I will work with clients on documents the client has prepared on a case-by-case basis.
I will discuss working with clients on the side as a coach on a case-by-case basis.
I have worked for the following law firms as a paralegal:
• Louis U.G. Crenshaw & Associates from 2000-2001
• Rosenbaum, Bloom, Meyerson, Galinsky, Weiner & Cirino, P.C. 2001-2002
• Hammond & Oliver, P.C. 2003-2006
• Kenneth J. Safran, P.C 2001-2006
• David A. Monroe, PLLC 2003-2006
I externed for the Washtenaw County Public Defender's Office from January 2008 through May 2008, specifically in 14A-1 District Court handling over 200 misdemeanor cases.
I have had several life experiences that enable me to be able to relate to what my clients are going through. I have worked to put myself through school and have become a better person in understanding the difficulties of life.
I am assertive, strong-willed, and fight for the constitutional rights that so many Americans have died protecting.Personal interests:
I love racing, amateur radio, interacting with people, and protecting the Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.