My firm focuses on providing caring and quality legal services to clients with probate, trust, estate planning, real estate, conservatorship or guardianship issues. The firm opened in May 2003.Example cases
Will Contest — Decedent had a dozen wills and codicils prior to death which were very similar in content. However, about 10 days prior to her death, she made a new will which left most of her estate to a relative she had wanted to disinherit a month prior to her death. Numerous witnesses would testify on both the capacity and lack of capacity of decedent.
Conservatorship — Proposed conservatee made gifts to caregivers who wore sexy lingerie, and made numerous amendments to trust. However, he objected to the establishment of a conservatorship, claiming that he knew what he was doing and had the right to give his assets to whomever he pleased. Conservatorship was established based on conservatee's inability to resist undue influence.
165 South Civic Drive
Palm Springs CA 92262
Free 15 minute consultation
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Yes, I have speaking ability in Korean.
The population in Coachella Valley includes significant number of elderly persons. There is a great demand for lawyers in my primary areas of practice.
Clients have much free information on the internet and elsewhere to learn about legal issues they face. I believe such education is helpful. However, there is a tendency to simplify the potential solutions. Therefore, I believe the clients should discuss that they have learned about certain legal issues with an attorney.
I am very willing to do so.
I am generally not willing to coach clients who want to represent themselves.
• Call, Barrett & Burbank, Fairbanks, Alaska — 1987-1989
• Davis, Wright Tremaine, Anchorage, Alaska — 1989-1991
• Martina Kang Ravicz, Fairbanks, Alaska - 1991- 2000
• Schlecht, Shevlin & Shoenberger, Palm Springs, California — 2000-2003
Seeing cases through from beginning to end over the years and understanding the issues - legal, financial, emotional, and spiritual - that factor into resolving legal issues have made me a better lawyer. I also believe that my love of learning generally helps me to be better lawyer. I still find the practice of law interesting and I enjoy what I do.
I provide personal attention and thoughtful options. I prefer out-of-court solutions. However, if such attempts are unsuccessful, I can aggressively protect clients' interests in court.Personal interests:
Reading, gardening, traveling, fishing, and skiing.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.