Since 1989, the Silberman Law Firm has dedicated themselves to standing up for the little guy - the person who has been treated unfairly by a landlord or employer.
Give us a brief description of your case and we will get back to you within one business day. Located in the Financial District in Lower Manhattan, our office represents people throughout New York City, including Manhattan and Brooklyn. At Silberman Law Firm, if you need a lawyer, you will talk with a lawyer - not an assistant.
• Age Discrimination case won in favor of Liquor Sales People; Race Discrimination Case involving display of noose by white supervisor to black worker.
• Handled case involving age and disability discrimination on behalf of 70 year-old woman. Case settled favorably.
• Handled case involving unlawful retaliation for complaining of discrimination. Case went to trial, and employee won.
• Defense of eviction case where landlord sought to oust son for assisting in the care of his out-of-state parent.
• Handled case for artists/tenants in loft building for many years. Landlord sought eviction. We argued successfully that tenants had continuing right to remain in loft.
• Handled case for tenants accused of noise/nuisance. Successfully defeated landlord's efforts to evict.
• Handled case for tenant accused of illegal sub-tenancy. We were able to win because tenant had roommate only, not subtenant.
• Handled case involving non-payment of rent where tenant was deprived of necessary services. Case settled on favorable terms...no eviction.
I have been successful in many of my cases and have probably handled a case similar to yours. Contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can discuss your best options.
110 William Street
New York NY 10038
Free telephone consultation.
Fees on most cases are hourly. Fees can range from $250 to $325 an hour depending on the type and complexity of your case. I do give a free telephone consultation and a 10% discount for Nolo consumers. Occasional contingency arrangements are possible.
$250 to $350. 10% discount for Nolo.
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
People spend most of their lives both at work and at home. I am most interested in helping people concerning social issues regarding these areas of our lives where we commit the most time.
I fully support the idea that clients should educate themselves regarding the law as it can be trickier than what it seems. Education empowers. I'm willing to make sure that you have a solid understanding of your situation so that we can make the most educated decision.
I frequently review documents prepared by my clients, and have done so for over 30 years.
I am very willing to coach clients, and have done it successfully for many years.
N.Y.S. Division of Human Rights - Senior Trial Attorney - 1978
I attended public schools and went to college at a public university. I am a lifetime resident of Brooklyn, New York, and try to assimilate into my work the grit of a city kid?scrappy, aggressive and passionate.
I am patient and caring. I pay attention to detail, and work hard for my clients. My strength comes from my passion to help those in need.Personal interests:
I am a musician. I play drums in a rock and roll band, and a small jazz combo. I love art and travel. I have five terrific grandchildren, whom I love dearly.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.