Malcolm Anthony, PA
Malcolm is a former prosecutor with over 30 years experience. He is AV rated - highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He is listed in "Best Lawyers" in Jax 904 magazine for criminal defense.
Malcolm is a seasoned attorney with a high success rate. He is a long-standing member of the National College of DUI Defense. As a former prosecutor in both Duval and St. Johns counties, he has a long-running relationship with local and statewide law enforcement and court systems that has served his clients and their cases well. Malcolm is passionate about upholding the rights of his clients and their needs while defending and protecting their privacy and reputation, all with the utmost integrity. You will get peace of mind with Malcolm Anthony as your lawyer.
- Free Initial Consultation?
- Services Offered For Fixed Fees?
- Hourly Rates
- Office Hours
Mon. - Fri. 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Emergency After Hours
- Languages Spoken
- DUI and DWI
Malcolm Anthony vigorously defends those whose freedom and futures (and driving privileges) are put in jeopardy by a DUI arrest. Over 30 years of handling every kind of DUI and BUI case has given Malcolm skills that can't be gained any other way.Types Drunk Driving:
DUI is a serious crime in Florida and can result in severe hardship for the entire family. A DUI conviction can affect your ability to perform daily tasks, like driving to work or taking your children to school. Driving is a valuable right, and selecting an attorney who will evaluate the facts of your entire case and develop an effective strategy utilizing all the law and science available can determine your outcome.
Florida has an extensive coastline and thousands of miles of inland waterways, lakes and navigable rivers, which has made Boating Under the Influence a serious crime. Malcolm Anthony has extensive experience handling cases involving vessels, from large luxury yachts to small bass boats and everything in between. Due to the extensive legal and boating ramifications resulting from a BUI conviction, quality legal representation is crucial.
Even the best of us make poor choices from time-to-time and those mistakes can be heartbreaking and overwhelming for both parties. Consequences like prison time can result. Understanding the charges and details regarding your case can be difficult and discouraging.
- DUI and DWI
Malcolm represent clients charged with all types of criminal violations.Our practice includes, but is not limited to the following areas of Criminal Defense:
Manslaughter, Assault and Battery
Domestic Violence, Battery, Aggravated Battery
Kidnapping, Child Abuse, Child Neglect, Sexual Battery
Driver's License Offenses and Traffic Offenses:
Vehicular Homicide, DUI, DUI Manslaughter, Driving While License Suspended or Revoked, (including Habitual Traffic Offender), Reckless Driving, Reckless Endangerment
Hit and Run (Leaving the Scene of an Accident), Traffic Infractions
Juvenile Delinquency, Probation Violations, Possession of Drugs or Paraphernalia, Crimes at School
Possession, Paraphernalia, Cultivation, Distribution, Importation, Manufacturing, Possession, Trafficking, Transportation
"White collar" Crimes:
Counterfeiting, Embezzlement, Extortion, Forgery,Fraud (various), Internet Theft, Perjury, Prescription Fraud, Theft, Witness Tampering
How did your firm decide on the primary area of practice(s)?
Anybody can be arrested for DUI. It is a crime in which the issue is usually "Did a crime even occur?" and it is a crime involving not only facts and people, but science, chemistry, source codes and other technical expertise. I decided to pursue a career in DUI defense because I fell in love with the variety and challenges of representing normal, everyday people who are suddenly thrust into the world of the criminal class without ever intending to commit any offense and who are threatened with loss of their liberty, their driving privilege, and their futures for merely ingesting a lawful substance and engaging in innocent behavior.
What experience or education distinguishes your lawyers from others
Over one third of a century helping people navigate the turbulent waters of a criminal charge and the potential fallout on themselves, their families, and their careers, and seeing freedom restored, licenses regained, and futures saved gives me not only the experience and knowledge but the care and the dedication to pursue my client's rights vigorously and forcefully.
What distinguishes your law firm from others?
This firm is unique. Nobody else will handle your case other than Malcolm. I meet with you and I personally handle your case from beginning to end. No inexperienced associate is given any responsibility for you case whatsoever.
- Malcolm has spent over one-third of a century representing people charged with DUI. He is a seasoned attorney with a high success rate in DUIs cases. He is AV rated - the highest rating for professional ability and ethics; he was named one of Northeast Florida's "Top Attorneys" by 904 Jax Magazine; he is a long-standing member of the National College of Drunk Driving Defense. Malcolm has a long-running relationship with St. Johns and Duval county law enforcement and court systems that has served his clients and their cases well. Malcolm is passionate about upholding the rights of his clients and their needs, while defending and protecting their privacy and reputation all with the utmost integrity. You will get peace of mind with Malcolm Anthony as your lawyer.
- Bar Number: 381284
Florida , 1983
- Bar Number: 381284
- O. W. Coburn School of Law
Juris Doctor , 1983
Graduated in top 10 of class. Received 6 American Jurisprudence Awards (highest achievement in the class).
- O. W. Coburn School of Law
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.