The law firm of Lindh Foster, LLC focuses primarily on helping protect and defend borrowers and other consumers facing claims by banks and other creditors or receive repeated demand letter and telephone call from debt collectors. We also assist entrepreneurs to incorporate new businesses and represent small businesses in acquisitions, divestitures, commercial loans and commercial real estate transactions.
We routinely represent, advise and/or defend Connecticut consumers that are being harassed by their creditors or facing foreclosure or credit cards related lawsuits. We also advise borrowers on their legal rights generally, including their rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting and similar laws designed to protect consumer that are behind on their financial obligations. The Firm frequently defends consumer in connection with credit card collection actions including suits brought by predatory debt buyers. Our goal is to help consumers better understand and exercise their right to an accurate credit report, to civil treatment by their creditors and to a fair hearing in court. We also advise individuals that have defaulted on or can no longer afford their student loan payments.
We actively bring claims against debt collectors and creditors that:
- make harassing, unauthorized and illegal phone calls to you, your work and/or to your family members in a brazen attempt to try and shame you into overpaying on an alleged credit card debt
- generally violate your right to privacy
- violate your rights and their obligations under Federal law (the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Truth in Lending Act)
- illegally charge high interest rates
- make predatory loans or other loans to you which you clearly had no reasonable ability to repay.
Prior to establishing Lindh Foster, LLC, Attorney Foster spent 22 years in the banking industry in New York, Washington D.C., London and in Asia both as a regulatory attorney, a trade association representative and as an attorney in private practice. He has worked with many of the leading fixed income securities, foreign exchange, commodities and derivatives dealers and provided compliance and legal advice on various types of trading activities and finance transactions. Mr. Foster is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association.