Main Office (Page Down for Satellite Location)
215 East Park Avenue
Libertyville IL 60048
We make ourselves available for you.
English, Spanish, French
I chose accident law because I want to help people who have been hurt. People who have been injured suffer physical pain. It causes a financial burden on victims and their families, which have sometimes resulted in our client's losing their houses and/or their jobs. It causes disharmony and stress in their families. The best compliment I have ever received from a client is "Amazing, a laywer with a heart". I do have a heart and compassion for my clients. It is this compassion that drives me to help people who have been seriously injured through no fault of their own.
I handled a landmark wrongful death case where I introduced the concept of, and coined the term, "hedonic damages". Hedonic damages compensate for the loss of a person's enjoyment and pleasure of life itself. This is the first case in the country where an economist's testimony was admitted into evidence as proof of the value of a decedent's expected life. Sherrod v. Berry, 629 F.Supp.159.
Chicago Tribune described my work as a "pioneering legal theory", and Newsweek Magazine said that my concept was being used in court "to win large damage awards for accident victims".
* Douglas Rallo is a nationally recognized author and who has been interviewed on television and radio.
* We have been named to Who's Who in American Law eigh times, and Who's Who in America five times.
* We provide five star service and hard work on every case.
* We are a small firm, giving personal attention to each of our clients.
Of course. Any information provided by clients which helps us do a better job for them is something we want to see.
We believe that alternative dispute resolution (mediation and arbitration) can be useful tools to resolve cases, rather than litigation. We pride ourselves on being "problem solvers" and mediation and/or arbitration can help to solve problems less expensively and more quickly than long, drawn out court battles. Sometimes, however, it is necessary to go to court and when we do, we do so aggressively.
I have contributed to the betterment of the community by serving on the Village of Libertyville Youth Commission, the Civis Center Foundation of Libertyville, as Vice President of the Northeast Illinois Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk DRiving (MADD), and teaching "Everyday Law" in the Libertyville and Mundelein High Schools adult education programs. I am currently Assistant Pack Master for Pack 95 Cub Scouts.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.