If you or a loved one has suffered due to medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, or nursing home abuse, you may be entitled to compensation. The Attorneys at The Law Office of Bruce W. Slane, P.C can help obtain the maximum possible compensation.
The Law Office of Bruce W. Slane, P.C. specializes in obtaining the maximum possible compensation for victims of medical malpractice, nursing home neglect and nursing home abuse.
Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or other medical professional fails to meet this standard of care provided by other health care providers and the patient is injured as a result. Common types of medical malpractice include those involving or caused by delayed diagnosis or failure to diagnose cancer or other medical conditions, misdiagnosis of a medical condition, improper medical treatment, brain injuries, birth injuries, surgical errors, and medication errors.
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse:
Every nursing home resident has the right to receive adequate and appropriate medical care. Nursing homes also have the responsibility to ensure that the medical care of each resident is supervised by a physician. Providing proper medical care is a serious obligation for nursing home staff. Too often nursing homes neglect these responsibilities, causing their residents to suffer serious injuries and even death. Common instances resulting from nursing home neglect include:
- Falls and Fractures
- Malnutrition and Dehydration
- Medication Errors
Nursing homes are also responsible for the safety of their residents. Poor wages, under staffing, inadequate job screening and lack of supervision can create a dangerous environment in a nursing home. As a result residents often suffer physical abuse, mental abuse and/or sexual abuse. This abuse may come at the hands of a staff member, another resident or a visitor. Common instances of a nursing abuse include:
- Physical Abuse of Nursing Home Residents
- Mental or Emotional Abuse of Nursing Home Residents
- Sexual Abuse of Nursing Home Residents
Upon contacting The Law Office of Bruce W. Slane, P.C., you can expect to work with a responsive and understanding attorney who can assess your case and determine the best course of action for your situation. Please call for a free initial consultation.
190 East Post Road
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.