Our estate planning packages include, in most cases:
1) Funding your trust
2) Free yearly review of your estate plan
3) Free unlimited phone calls about your estate plan
4) Collaborative planning with your advisers, if requested
Depending on your unique circumstances, an optimal estate plan will do some or all of the following:
* Manage for control of your property (while alive and well)
* Care for you and your loved ones (upon death, or should you ever become incapacitated)
* Manage the risks of incapacity
* Articulate your health care and end-of-life wishes
* Delegate health care decisions
* Provide for the needs of a surviving spouse (if applicable)
* Provide liquidity at death
* Specify inheritances
* Fulfill your charitable wishes
* Provide back up parents for children
* Plan for children (including those with special needs)
* Provide incentives and promote education and a strong work ethic for your children or other loved ones after you are gone
* Minimize the risk of children being hurt by affluenza
* Protect your assets
* Avoid the time and expense of probate (whenever possible)
* Minimize tax liability, attorney fees and court costs
* Plan for the succession of a business (if applicable)
Examples of some of our services:
Revocable Living Trusts
Financial Powers of Attorney
Childcare Powers of Attorney
Special Needs Trusts
Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
Special Purpose Trusts
Retirement Distribution Control Trusts
Generation Skipping Trusts
Life Insurance Trusts
Offshore Asset Protection Trusts
Domestic Asset Protection Trusts
Lifetime Spousal Gift Trusts
Business Continuity Trusts & ACP Trusts
Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts
Ultimately, we all face the challenge of resolving our assets in a way that is fair and right to the ones we love and cherish. With assets come responsibility and accountability. Many of the inherent obstacles in estate planning are not so apparent at the outset, and consequently are best addressed by professionals trained to recognize and mitigate the pitfalls that could end up causing undue harm. Ko/Za Law Group will see to it that you and your loved ones are best equipped to determine your own future, and maximize the benefits of your assets.
Our experienced team will help you build the right plan according to your family structure, to best execute the transmission of your estate.
We do not discriminate against any family types, and proudly provide support for same-sex couples.
Ko/Za Law Group understands the value of the collaborative process and the powerful benefit this type of service can deliver to our clients. As a result, our strategic directive has placed significant focus on building a robust assembly of accountants, financial planners, stockbrokers, insurance professionals and specialized attorneys ready to serve the independent needs of both individuals and families alike, should it be necessary.
We strive to maximize the core talents of these professionals to benefit you the most, with the parallel goal of bettering the legal profession as a whole.
Upon your request, Ko/Za Law Group's collaborative planning helps our clients navigate the process by working with a team of professionals, whether your own, or ones we can put you in touch with.