Offices in Incline Village, NV and Nevada City, CA
PO BOX 4087
Incline Village NV 89450
We happily give you a free initial consultation
Social Security/SSI and Worker's Compensation cases are all handled on a contingent fee basis...We don't get paid until we win the case and the judge approves our requested fee. Fees consist of only a small percentage of your benefits.
We charge a negotiable hourly rate for other types of cases, or will make a referral to a specialist as appropriate.
We're always open for business...Give us a call!
English and some Spanish--We provide translators.
Kim decided to focus on Disability and Worker Compensation law because he saw so many attorneys going into business to represent other businesses. While he has had extensive business experience, too, he saw that advising people with serious medical problems or injuries was an area too widely overlooked by others. And he found a great deal of personal satisfaction on making a difference to people in need. He is clear that neither corporations, insurance companies, nor governmental bureaucracies are people.
Uniquely, Kim has been involved with lawyers and judges his entire life. While he worked for other firms when he was younger, he has developed techniques and systems that allow him to provide a level of service that large law firms cannot provide.
Kim is also certified as a Professional in Human Resource Management by the Society of Human Resource Managers. He understands the employer's perspective, and knows how to effectively handle the vocational experts the SSA uses to defeat legitimate disability claims.
In the WorkerÃ¢ÂÂs Compensation context, this extra training and experience helps him deal with many "return-to-work" issues and the shady or illegal practices that a few employers engage in to deny injured people their rights.
* Kim has been practicing law since 1977. Kim's win record is excellent!
* Kim has focused most of his years in practice on Social Security Disability/SSI law and Worker's Compensation claims, representing only the disabled and injured.
* He worked for private attorneys and for the L.A. County Courts, performing clerical work during high school.
* He opened and operated a legal services business (a jury investigation company) to put himself through college at the University of the Pacific.
* He clerked for top law firms while in law school at Hastings College of the Law (the autonomous University of California law school in San Francisco.)
* He has been married since 1980, raising 4 children and for many years, participated in community service organizations, locally and nationally
* He worked as a Deputy Public Defender in Humboldt County representing clients in a wide range of cases, from Juvenile Law and Involuntary Confinement cases, though serious felony trial work.
Personal contact with the client is crucial. Most firms work to minimize the personal contact time attorneys have with clients. Kim doesn't. You will find that he frequently answers his own phone calls! His committment to personal service provides him with more detailed information about every cleint's situation and this produces better results.
Yes, on a limited basis, I do it several times a week.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.