Established January 1998. Representation of small to mid-size businesses, business owners, and families; civil transactions and litigation; and estate planning, business planning, real estate, construction, family, and taxation.Example cases
A Texas company sought representation in the sale of its company. The company was sold for over $8,000,000 to an out-of-state company. The law office handled the sale of the company that included the assignment and assumption of several leasing locations.
I have received a contract to proceed with collections for the Needham Fire & Rescue Co., a company providing emergency services under Article 775 et seq of the Health & Safety Code. The company is located in Montgomery County, Texas.
I have assisted Korean investors with real estate transaction involving the purchase of Holiday Inn Express. Total purchase price exceeds $3,000,000.00. Transaction required update of business formation records, creation of Special Purpose Entity under financing requirements, immigration concerns, negotiating of financing documents, title review, and related legal services.
Yes, 30 minutes.
Rates are flexible depending on the client's needs and the project.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sandra K. Peterson
I enjoy business and personal transactions and the related environments.
An educated client can assist with the legal process.
I will review documents prepared by clients. However, it is often more difficult than beginning with documents that I have prepared.
I do not advise individuals to represent themselves. It is not so much an analogy to "coaching" as it is an analogy to having two quarterbacks on the field at the same time.
Law Office of Keith D. Peterson, CPA, J.D. Houston, Texas. January 1998 to present.
Griffin & Matthews. Houston, Texas. 1996 to January 1998.
Stumpf Falgout Craddock & Massey. Houston, Texas. 1989 to 1996.
Business and Estate Planning attorney with full responsibility for the strategic planning, development, and management of corporate law and litigation matters; obtained license with State Bar of Texas in November 1990.
• Estate and Business Planning: Wills, Trusts, Probate, and related services
• Business Entity Services: Corporate and business organizations, corporate minutes, sales and franchise taxation, contractor agreements, confidentiality agreements, asset purchase agreements, UCC filings, loan agreements, shareholder buy-sell agreements, and employment contracts.
• Commercial and Consumer Litigation: Litigation involving business and consumer relations and transactions.
• Construction, Real Estate, and Creditor Law: Mechanic and materialman's liens, MacGregor Act, Miller Act, homeowner's property rights, creditors' rights and collections, and commercial leases.
• Employment Law: Employment-at-will, Title VII (age, sex, race, and gender discrimination/harassment), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaints, witness statements, affirmative action plans, Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Worker's Compensation Act (retaliatory discharge and Behavioral Enforcement Conferences), and Texas Workforce/Employment Commission (unemployment benefits).
Browning-Ferris Industries, Inc. Austin, Texas. October, 1986 to August, 1987.
Accounting manager at operational site - Organized financial personnel and records under new management at operational site; prepared financial statements for operational site for reporting to corporate and regional offices; re-designed month-end procedures to reduce the month-end reporting period at district level; reorganized and managed a professional staff of six accounting personnel; trained and developed accounting personnel in accounting procedures and software programs; and supervised financial reporting personnel to provide financial information for management, operations, and sales.
Arthur Andersen & Co. Houston, Texas. December, 1983 to October, 1986.
Senior auditor - Obtained Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in October 1985; Supervised accounting staff for quarterly reviews, pension plan audits, and employee stock option plan audits of Browning-Ferris Industries, Inc.; supervised annual audit of American Ref-Fuel Company of Texas and subsidiaries of Gerald D. Hines; developed computer program to assist in review of over 200 operational sites of Browning-Ferris Industries, Inc.; designed program with client software to streamline quarterly and annual audits; trained and developed auditing staff by presenting classes on computer software programs such as WordPerfect, DOS, and Lotus 123.
I have an accounting background and became a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in 1985.
I enjoy working with people and use both positional and personal "power" to persuade others towards achieving their goals.Personal interests:
Family and community activities.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.