Hacker & Murphy, LLP is a boutique civil litigation law firm located near Albany, New York. We handle cases throughout the State of New York. The firm practices in the areas of Personal Injury, Commercial Litigation and Real Estate Tax Reduction (Tax Certiorari).
At Hacker & Murphy, LLP we strive to give each of our clients' cases the personal attention and dedication required to achieve the best possible result.
With a proven track record, the attorneys at Hacker & Murphy, LLP have been awarded the highest rating of "AV" from the well respected Martindale - Hubbell directory. Two attorneys in the firm (James E. Hacker and David R. Murphy) have been recognized as "SuperLawyers" by a vote of their peers.
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of serious accidents recover maximum compensation for their personal injuries. In injury cases, there is no legal fee unless the client collects.
We handle all types of accident cases including: car crashes, motorcycle and truck accidents, slip and falls, construction accidents involving ladders and scaffolds, brain injury (TBI), spine injury, broken bones, nerve damage, paralysis, quadriplegia, amputations, blindness, burn injuries, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and dangerous or defective products.
Hacker & Murphy, LLP was established in 1991 by partners James E. Hacker and David R. Murphy.
James E. Hacker and I focus our practice on commercial litigation and serious personal injury cases.
David R. Murphy and Patrick Seely devote their practice to helping commercial property owners reduce their real estate taxes. They also serve clients who need representation in eminent domain cases.
We offer free consultations either by phone (800-213-3843), in person or via e-mail: email@example.com.
1. CAR ACCIDENT - Settlement for whiplash and multiple broken bones requiring surgery. Case settled with State Farm Insurance prior to suit in Saratoga County.
2. HERNIATED DISKS - Client suffered a back injury confirmed by MRI after tripping in an ice filled pothole. Case settled following commencement of lawsuit in Schenectady.
3. FALL FROM A LADDER - Fractured legs and spine after a fall from an unsecured ladder at a construction site. Labor Law violation shown. Case settled prior to trial.
4. TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI) - Closed head injury sustained a car crash was confirmed by CT scan and PET scan. Federal court lawsuit resolved in favor of the plainttiff.
5. SLIP AND FALL ON ICE - Client sustained a fractured ankle requiring surgical implantation of hardware. Case was successfully resolved after mediation.
6. TRUCK ACCIDENT - Arbitration award for the claimant who had nerve damage in the dominant arm and was permanently disabled.
7. DISABILITY INSURANCE - Settlement for policy holder of ERISA long term disability policy who was wrongfully denied benefits.
8. DOG BITE - Child bitten by vicious dog resulting in facial scarring and emotional trauma. The Rennselaer County Supreme Court approved a significant settlement.
9. MEDICAL MALPRACTICE - Doctors failed to timely diagnose leg injury which resulted in amputation below the knee. Case was settled two weeks prior to the Albany jury trial.
10. TORN ROTATOR CUFF IN SHOULDER - Intersection accident where the plaintiff was struck by a drunk driver. Case settled prior to trial with Allstate Insurance company.
11. MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT - Client suffered compound fractures requiring surgery. Case settled with Nationwide Insurance for policy amount plus the full amount of the underinsurance policy with Geico.
7 Airport Park Boulevard
Latham NY 12110
We offer a free initial consultation.
We handle personal injury cases on a 33.33% contingency fee basis, so there is no fee unless the client is awarded money via settlement or trial.
$250 to $300.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
I am interested in helping injured people whose lives have been changed through no fault of their own.
Clients should become educated about the law as it applies to their case. At Hacker & Murphy, LLP we explain legal issues to clients in understandable terms, advising them about both the strengths and weaknesses in their cases.
We are willing to review documents prepared by clients.
We do not provide this service.
Prior to joining Hacker & Murphy, LLP, I was an attorney in a small firm that practiced commercial litigation and creditor's rights law.
I feel that my undergraduate education in philosophy helped me develop excellent logic and persuasion skills.
The firm provides aggressive, detail oriented representation with a focus on customer service for each of our injured clients.Personal interests:
Golf, guitar, chess, good food and my family.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.