Mr. Vandervoort has been practicing for 39 years. Vandervoort and Associates was established in 1990.
All felony and misdemeanor cases, drug violations, medical marijuana, probation violations, domestic violence, assault/ battery, fish and game violations, minor in possession of alcohol, drunk in public, child abuse, child molest, traffic tickets, speeding tickets, white collar crimes, drug trafficking, 290 registrations, Driving Under the Influence of drugs or alcohol, excessive force, personal injury, big rig accidents, automobile accidents, hit and run, and rear-enders.
I have handled over 30,000 cases throughout my career as a criminal defense lawyer with great success.
Chico CA 95926
30-minute free consultation
Mostly our fees are fixed; however, if there is a compelling need, we deviate from this policy. We also offer financing options.
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To defend constitutional rights and provide clients with dignity.
It is important to make certain that the client has been fully informed as to the nature and extent what legal action has been taken against him/her and it is the lawyers job to facilitate the transfer of vital information so that the client can make informed decisions.
All relevant documents pertaining to the case are reviewed by us to make a determination as to their relevance in defending cases. Additionally, with regard to a personal injury setting, many times a client will provide a journal which is very helpful in establishing damages.
I advise clients never to represent themselves in any type of case. "A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client."
• Founder at BADD Butte Area Dui Defenders, 2011—present
• Owner, Founder, C.E.O. & Chief Trial Attorney at Vandervoort law offices, 1971—present
• Evangelism Teacher at Calvary Chapel Chico, 1998—2000
• Founder, Owner C.E.O. & Chief Trial Attorney at North Butte County Private Public Defenders Organization, 1979—1997
• Owner and Administrator at Previous owner and founder of the Butte County private/public defender office, 1972—1989
• Judge Pro Tem at Court, 1987—1988
• Partner (Partner became a judge) at Gilbert &Vandervoort, 1976—1985
• Trustee at Benevolent Order of Elks B.P.O.E. Elks Club, 1976—1980
• Racer and Board of Director/attorney at Oroville Race and Drag Strip, 1976—1980
• Commissioner at City of Oroville Planning Commission, 1975—1980
• Founder, Partner and Chief Trial Attorney at Conflict Private Public Defenders Office, 1977—1979
• President at Chamber of Commerce, 1976—1978
• Board of Directors at Northern California Legal Services, 1973—1977
• Exalted Ruler at Benevolent Order of Elks B.P.O.E. Elks Club, 1975—1976
• Law student intern & counselor at CCCJ Draft and military law, 1970—1972
• Student intern, law clerk and research assistant at Marin County Public Defender's Office, 1970—1972
• Law clerk, and teaching assistant to criminal law professor at U.C. Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, 1970—1972
• Intern and law clerk at CRLA, 1970—1972
• Intern at Federal Public Defenders Office, 1970—1972
• Legal intern, research assistant, writer and paralegal at Law offices of many famous criminal defense lawyers, 1970—1972
• Intern and counselor at SNFLAF, 1970—1972
• Law clerk intern at environmental protection agency, 1971—1972
Since becoming involved in the legal field beginning 2002 I've had the privilege of building my legal experience to become a strong and effective defense lawyer and negotiator.
Although each lawyer in our firm has a unique style, from a practical standpoint being able to finesse a case or use an aggressive style depends on several variables. For example, one case may require more of a soft approach, and in another case, the total opposite. The bottom line is about being able to maneuver through a case to achieve the best outcomePersonal interests:
Long range tuna fisherman, and big game hunter.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.