James Flexer graduated from Montgomery Bell Academy in 1974, Rhodes College in 1978, and Tulane School of Law in 1981. In 1981, he started the Law Offices of James A. Flexer and now has eight (8) attorneys and seven (7) paralegals, secretaries, and legal assistants.
Mr. Flexer handles primarily consumer bankruptcy cases. The other attorneys handle bankruptcy, personal injuries, worker's compensation, criminal defense, social security disability, probate matters, and the general practice of law.
Mr. Flexer is a member of the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, and the Nashville Bar Association.
He has lectured at the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees and Nashville Bar Association seminars on consumer bankruptcy and regularly addresses legal and civic organizations on consumer bankruptcy.
- Tennessee, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1981
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 1981
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1981
- Lecturer: Consumer Bankruptcy and Regularly Addresses Legal and Civic Organizations on Consumer Bankruptcy, National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
- Lecturer: Consumer Bankruptcy and Regularly Addresses Legal and Civic Organizations on Consumer Bankruptcy, Nashville Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association, Chapter 13 Trustees, Member
- National Association, Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
- Nashville Bar Association, Member