My firm handles the full range of family law issues, including divorce, child custody issues, divorce and custody mediation, prenuptial agreements, restraining orders, and stepparent adoptions. I am an experienced family law and divorce attorney with years of experience in successfully handling litigated divorce and child custody cases in court.
I am also a trained divorce mediator who has amicably resolved cases many cases out of court because the court system is not necessarily the best option to resolving cases. Winning in court does not necessarily translate to a happy post-divorce transition for families, especially children. I believe in the mediation process to help families resolve their conflicts peacefully in the hopes of preserving family assets, integrity and respect, in the real world. The resolution of divorce and custody disputes are most successful and best implemented when worked out between parties empowered with the appropriate tools and information, with the understanding that court should always be the forum of very last resort.
I compassionately understand the multi-layered challenges my clients face. I work with clients to create a customized "legal road map" to help you through their divorce as quickly and painlessly as possible. My firm knows when to negotiate, when to suggest compromise, and when to aggressively move forward. I know that divorce is one of the most stressful and agonizing aspects that someone can ever experience in life, and that's when they need competent and caring representation to get them through the process.
I have handled numerous divorce and family law matters ranging from simple divorces to complex marital dissolutions involving business evaluations, division of assets, and contentious custody battles involving child custody experts.
I work hard for my clients and their comments best explain the types of cases I have handled and the results that I have obtained for them:
• "I wanted to thank you for helping our family come to a resolution of our son's case as well as it did." ~ Cesar V.
• "Mr. Maggio was the greatest attorney for me and my child. I would recommend him and his firm to everyone who is going through a child custody case." ~ J. Gonzalez
• "I cannot put a price on the advice and wisdom that Gerald Maggio has dedicated to my divorce and now my child custody case. The time, effort and patience that he has shown me on the face of such difficult circumstances are priceless. He has explained every legal matter in detail that otherwise I would be lost. I would make an educated recommendation to anyone that has a legal matter, Mr. Maggio will be there for you." ~ Martha D.
• "Gerald Maggio is a terrific lawyer. He was always there when I needed an ear to listen to me, or when I needed to make a decision. Without Mr. Maggio, I am not sure that my case would have had such a wonderful outcome. My daughter's welfare was in his hands, and I always felt safe and was assured that Gerry would make the right decision. Custody cases can be very ugly and frustrating, but with a lawyer like Mr. Maggio, his clients can feel secure that he always has their best interest at heart." ~ Laura K.
• "Words cannot express my appreciation with the job you did for my sister Gloria on her divorce case. Thank you for your extraordinary responsiveness and willingness to help me n every way you could in this case. Your work was crucial since Gloria was suffering with a terminal cancer. Your professionalism, legal experience, compassion and caring for Gloria through her difficult time were admirable and remarkable. I will not hesitate to contact you in the future, or to recommend you to others when the occasion arises." ~ Elba V.
• "All I can say that I appreciate your professionalism, empathy, and consideration in handling my case. You presented an honest approach to my difficult situation. Susan Wright and your staff have wonderful assisting my needs as well. I wish you continued success with helping others achieving amicable solutions." ~ Omar G.
• "I cannot thank you enough for all that you did to make this divorce settlement happen quickly... you have unbelievable patience and wisdom! You made the complexities of my divorce seem effortless. Your efficiency and knowledge of the law let me just breathe and rest in the confidence of knowing things will be taken care of. You treated me with respect, and at a time in my life when I felt I had lost so much, you reassured me of my strength and gave me opportunities to make my own decisions. You have an amazing ability to exhibit strength in a courtroom while showing compassion to clients. Not to mention you have a great sense of humor that brought light to a typically gloomy situation."~Tiffany B.