The Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C. dedicates its practice to providing businesses and individuals in New Mexico with high value legal services in the areas of bankruptcy (both commercial and consumer), creditor and debtor relations, commercial and real estate litigation, real estate, commercial and secured transactions, estate planning and personal injury.
A practicing attorney since 1983, Mr. Giddens practices in the areas of bankruptcy; civil and commercial litigation; bank collections, foreclosures and documentation; and real estate transactions and litigation. Known for his professional abilities and ethics, he received the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent) for his superior ethics and professional abilities. He was selected for inclusion in the 20th edition of Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law. He was also named a Top Rated Lawyer for Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy in 2013; a Southwest Super Lawyer in 2009, 2012 and 2013 in the practice area of bankruptcy; and an honoree for Best of the Bar 2011/Bankruptcy by New Mexico Business Weekly.
The firm hired H. Jesse Jacobus in 2013 to represent individuals and companies in civil litigation matters, including personal injury, employment law, construction law, worker's compensation, real estate and contract disputes. A graduate of the Chicago Kent College of Law, Mr. Jacobus was named a Future Litigation Star in 2013 by Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys and a Southwest Rising Star in 2012 by Southwest Super Lawyers. Furthermore, he received the AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell for his superior ethics and professional abilities.
Dean Cross has over 25 years of experience as an attorney in New Mexico in the practice areas of estate planning, taxation and commercial litigation. In his current role, Mr. Cross focuses on estate and tax planning, business formation, business and corporate representation, commercial litigation and tax controversy litigation. Mr. Cross earned a bachelor of accountancy and a law degree, both from the University of Oklahoma. He also earned a Masters of Law (LL.M) in Taxation from the University of Miami College of Law and is currently completing a Masters of Law in estate planning from the same university.
Chris Gatton is a graduate of the University of New Mexico School of Law where he received the 2009 Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy from the American Bankruptcy Institute. A member of the Bankruptcy Law section of the State Bar of New Mexico, Mr. Gatton practices primarily in bankruptcy representing individual and small business debtors and creditors in Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 cases.
Denise Trujillo earned both her undergraduate and law degree from the University of New Mexico. A member of the Bankruptcy and Solo and Small Firm sections of the State Bar of New Mexico, she practices in consumer and business bankruptcy (Chapters 7, 11 and 13) and creditor/debtor rights.
Ann Washburn earned her law degree from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University. Licensed in New Mexico and Texas, she practices in the areas of bankruptcy and civil and commercial litigation.
Mr. Giddens' goal at his firm is to exceed client expectations in all aspects of their experience with the firm. Recognized by their clients and their peers as being among the best in their field, the firm's attorneys are respected not only because of their professional abilities as counselors and litigators, but because they are committed to finding the best solution for their clients' individual needs. They work hard to solve clients' problems without litigation; however, if litigation is necessary, they are aggressive in the courtroom when it's in their clients' best interests. As communication is paramount in a client/attorney relationship, the attorneys ensure that their clients clearly understand the legal issues involved in their specific situation. In addition, clients receive a high level of personal service: The support staff keep clients up-to-date on the status of their case and are committed to returning calls promptly.
At the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, the staff and attorneys are committed to providing peace of mind by exceeding clients' expectations in some of life's most stressful situations. For a free consultation, please contact our office at (505) 271-1053.
• Isler v. TXO, 749 F.2d 22 (10th Cir. 1984)
• GNMA v. RTC, 802 F. Supp. 387 (D. Ct. N.M. 1992)
• Minuteman v. Alexander, 166 B.R. 729 (Bankruptcy. N.M. 1993)
• Outlook/Century, Ltd., 127 B.R. 650 (Bankruptcy. N.D. Calif. 1991)
• PCA v. Lane, 61B.R. 526 (Bankruptcy. D. N.M. 1986)
10400 Academy Road NE
Albuquerque NM 87111
Free initial consultation on most matters is one hour long.
We generally do not have fixed fee services.
Range from $200 per hour to $305.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
My academic interest in law school was primarily commercial law. When I began practicing in the early 1980s, I discovered there were not many lawyers with true expertise in Bankruptcy, so I decided to pursue as much expertise in that field as I could.
I think it is beneficial for clients to gather information relating to their problems. It helps them to ask better questions of their attorney.
I encourage clients to have all documents they prepare for use in their business reviewed by me or another attorney in the firm.
I will do this when the client is involved in a matter in which the amount in controversy does not justify using an attorney to fully prosecute the matter.
SHAREHOLDER (1992 to Oct. 1997)
Behles-Giddens, P.A., Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Manage all aspects of 22 employee (8-9 attorney) law office, including recruiting, hiring, employee evaluation, budgeting, finances, marketing, training and workload distribution
• Responsible attorney in a wide variety of civil cases, including business and agricultural bankruptcy, real estate transactions and litigation, foreclosures, banking, U.C.C., lender liability, and contract negotiation, drafting and litigation
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1987 to1991)
Jennie Deden Behles, J.D. P.A., Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Handled variety of civil cases, business and agricultural bankruptcies, real estate transactions and litigation, banking, foreclosures, U.C.C., and contract matters
• Exceeded all billing and client generation requirements
• Top billing associate each year of employment
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1986 to 1987)
Shamas & Perrin, Roswell, New Mexico
• Handled cases in areas of banking transactions and litigation, foreclosures, real estate matters, and bankruptcy
• Assisted partner with personal injury cases
• Developed and maintained client relationship with second largest savings & loan in New Mexico
• Developed and implemented system for handling large volume of residential mortgage foreclosures
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1983 to 1986)
Atwood, Malone, Mann & Turner, Roswell, New Mexico
• Handled or assisted with cases in banking, U.C.C., oil & gas, bankruptcy, workman's compensation and corporate matters. Worked closely with classified assets department of Sunwest Bank of Roswell on variety of workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy situations.
My experience as a trial lawyer helps me to get better results for clients without having to go to trial because opponents know that I have no fear of going to court. Because I am a Christian, I try to be sensitive to the pain of my clients and to be respectful of all.
I am direct and to the point. I am not afraid to go to Court if it is necessary to protect the rights of my clients, but I know how to solve problems without resort to litigation most of the time. I am informal and try to avoid formality whenever possible.Personal interests:
Church activities, golf, cooking, and bicycling.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.