Cases I have handled include:
• Divorcing couple in their 40's with children and substantial assets. Handled parenting issues including significant others, as well as property division and spousal support
• Elderly couple with grown children, no spousal support issue, only marital residence and retirement assets
• Separation and divorce mediated agreement with parenting issues
• Cross-border international custody and visitation issues due to multi-national parties
Domestic Partnership Agreement for non-married and, or same sex couples.
Free 30 minute consult to discuss options available.
• Uncontested Divorce - $750
• Simple Will - $150
• Husband and Wife Reciprocal Wills - $200
• Advance Medical Directives and Powers of Attorney - $35 each
• Family Mediations - $250.00 per hour
• Divorce Mediations - $250 per hour for combined assets less than $1 million; $325.00 for cases where combined assets are $1 million or more
• Willing to offer 10% discount to those who mention Nolo
$275 per hour. Willing to offer 10% discount to those who mention Nolo.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emergency after hours for exceptional circumstances only.
I speak Spanish.
I speak Spanish and there was a need for someone with my legal knowledge, experience, and skills to assist those in the Latino Community.
I have said the best client is an informed/educated client. As a result, I customarily give my clients educational brochures or firm informational materials covering the issues that are pertinent to them.
I am willing to review and advise on these agreements, though often this involves substantial revisions.
This is not a service we provide.
I spent 24 years as an in-house corporate attorney of fortune 100 insurance and financial services companies, leaving the industry in 2002. I am a former managing attorney of The Prudential, and my last corporate position was General Counsel responsible for the Legal and Compliance Departments of one of the Genworth companies (Richmond Operations). My responsibilities included litigating and managing major litigation, regulatory, employment and labor, commercial and a variety of other legal matters.
I am of Mexican American and African American descent, and I married a German American. I grew up with culturally diverse people and people of different faiths. I spent 24 years as a corporate lawyer, managing attorney, then General Counsel for Fortune 100 Insurance and Financial Services companies and was responsible for legal issues in all aspects of business.
I remain a FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Authorized Neutral for the Mid-Atlantic Region and have mediated over 2000 cases, arbitrated over 100 cases, involving many domestic relations issues, including child dependency and cross-border (state and internationally) custody and visitation issues.
I am constantly taking continuing education courses and workshops in developing and new areas of the law, and teach continuing education courses — both of which enable me to stay abreast of trends and developments. All of these things, along with my genuine desire to help people through hard times without adding oil to fire, makes me a better lawyer.
People see right away that we are warm and friendly, in additional to being knowledgeable and skillful. We are straightforward and educate as well as assist our clients. We are a diverse firm with respect to culture, age, religion and gender (male and female interns) which has enabled us to develop a genuine respect for people from different cultures, religions, and life styles. We stay abreast of developments in the law and society to better serve our clients and are always looking for ways to improve in service.Personal interests:
My interests include spending time with family, traveling, and learning about people from different cultures and countries, theater, entertainment, the arts, and Metaphysics.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.