Full service business law firm serving small and medium sized businesses.Example cases
Sales and purchases of businesses; trademark applications and infringement; business set-up and consultation
400 South 4th Street
Minneapolis MN 55415
Yes, one hour provided client retains firm. Otherwise $50 for the hour.
(The rates below are a small sampling of the services we provide and apply to standard matters. Rates include all applicable filing fees. Davis Law Office reserves the right to charge a higher amount for contracts, company formations, estates, etc. that require additional time. However, you will always be given an estimate of the cost for your work before it begins.)
• Single Party Entity Formation (Incorporation, LLC Set-Up, Etc.): $975
• Multi-Party Entity Formation: $1250 - $3500
• Basic Contract Review: $750
• Basic Contract Drafting: $1000
• Basic Estate Planning Package (includes Will and Healthcare Directive): $1250
• Basic Partnership Agreement: $2000
• Basic Partnership Dissolution Negotiation and Agreement Drafting: $2000+
• Federal Trademark Search and Filing: $1150
• Federal Trademark Filing (No Search): $950
• Purchase/Sale of a Business: Commensurate with work required, call for quote
Let's Get It Started Package
• Month 1: $750 (covers preparation of formation documents, guidance as to the appropriate entity choice for your situation and assistance in obtaining an EIN (federal tax id) for the entity). Cost includes the Minnesota state filing fee of $145, and the legal time to prepare and file the documents. (This standard rate is for single member entities. Entities with more than one owner will be charged regular hourly rates if the preparation time for their documents exceeds 2 hours.)
• Months 2-12: businesses will fall into one of two categories - low volume monthly (approximately three or fewer hours per month - $399 per month) or high volume monthly (approximately six or fewer hours per month - $599 per month). Worried you won't use all of the hours? No problem - hours can be rolled over from month to month, and you'll receive a follow-up call every month to discuss all business related items.
• Trademark Add-On: any time in months 3-12 of the first year an owner can pay a one-time fee of $700 for a federal trademark registration (this price includes the $275 filing fee for one class of goods or services). Often the business name and goodwill associated with it is an owner's greatest asset, and this plan aims to protect that asset from the very beginning.
Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm — after hours and weekends by appointment
Only one attorney!
N/A — We don't handle litigation.
Flat fees; focus on education; packages and business coaching/consulting in addition to legal work.
We don't handle litigation.
Established February 2010; Owner has practiced for 9 years in Minnesota exclusively in business law.
Only one attorney!
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.