I established Lavis Law Firm in 1995. We focus on Personal Injury, Work Injuries, and Insurance Disputes.
• BP Oil Spill Claims
• Boating Accidents
• Construction Accidents
• Motor Vehicle Accidents
• Car Accidents
• Large Truck Accidents
• Railroad Accidents
• Slip and Fall Accidents
• Products Liability
• Hurricane / Insurance Claims
• Job Injuries
• Job Injury Overview
• Third Party Claims
• Defense Base Act
• Duty Status / Work Status
• Jones Act
• Longshore & Harbor Workers Compensation Act
• Premises Liability
• Dog Bites and Damages Caused by Other Animals
• Absolute Liability For Pile Driving and Blasting
• Wrongful Death and Survival Actions
• Insurance Bad Faith
Brenda Pitts v. Louisiana Insurance Property Insurance Corporation, 4 So.3d 107, 2008-1024 (La.App. 4 Cir. 1/7/09)
Express Rent A Car LLC v. U-Save Financial Services, et al. 2009 WL 2835762 (E.D.La.))
James Carey v. Hercules Ocean Corp.; Bellships Management Singapore PTE, Ltd.,321 Fed.Appx. 402, 2009 WL 1011031 (C.A.5 (La.))
700 Camp St
New Orleans LA 70130-3702
The initial consultation is free; no cost and no obligation.
Most cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. No fees or costs are owed if there is no recovery in personal injury case.
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours by appointment.
Christy Verges, Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
An interpreter will be made available upon request.
I chose personal injury and insurance litigation after handling a wide variety of civil cases. I chose this practice because many of my clients lack the financial means to pay an attorney and most personal injury and insurance litigation cases can be handled on a contingency fee basis.
I hope all of my clients educate themselves on legal issues so that they can assist in the preparation of their cases.
I review all documents provided by clients.
Whenever possible, I try to direct pro se parties towards free or reduced rate legal resources. However, I do not coach clients who want to represent themselves.
I have been working since I was fourteen years old in restaurants, hotels, retail stores, and in law firms.
Practicing law for several years helps you become a better lawyer. Also, questioning your own beliefs as to what actually happed, the ability to keep an open mind, listening to people, lots of exercise, and hard work help you become a better lawyer.
Work hard. Work hard. Work harder.Personal interests:
Fishing, grilling, and spending time with my family.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.