The focus of our firm is to provide the best possible representation for people charged with criminal, juvenile, DWI and traffic offenses. Our firm also provides experienced legal advice at a reasonable fee structure.
Our firm was established in New York and New Jersey in 1994.
State v. Arthur Wright. Practice Area: DUI/DWI. This case was televised on December 6, 2008 on MTV's "True Life: I have PTSD" series. The Defendant, Arthur Wright, an Iraqi war veteran, was charged in New Jersey with DWI and Refusal to Submit to Alcotest. The case was tried successfully for the Defendant by employing a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder defense stemming from Mr. Wright's time in Iraq while in the U.S. Army. The Defendant's DWI charge was dismissed and he was only convicted of the Refusal to Submit to Alcotest charge.
Yes, for however long is needed to allay the concerns of the potential client and explain their situation.
Yes. We have flat rate fees for criminal, juvenile, DWI, and traffic matters.
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Spanish, Korean and Chinese.
I chose my primary area of practice because I felt as if there was a great need for experienced criminal, juvenile, DWI, and traffic attorneys who charge reasonable fees. I devote all of my practice to these cases. Also, my previous work experience has equipped me with specialized knowledge of these areas.
I encourage all clients to educate themselves on legal issues, especially those which pertain to their particular situation. It is always in the client's best interest to be as knowledgeable as possible in order to be informed about upcoming court dates and the process of their cases.
I check my email very frequently throughout the day. Clients can either fax, e-mail, or hand deliver any and all documents. Their involvement and participation in their cases are strongly encouraged.
• Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, New York, New York, Law Clerk, 1988 - 1991.
• New York County District Attorney's Office, New York, New York, Student Assistant District Attorney, 1991.
• Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker, New York, New York, Associate, 1991 - 1994.
• Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, New York, New York, Hoboken, New Jersey, Sole Practitioner, 1994 - 1996.
• New Jersey UM/UIM Automobile Insurance Arbitrator, 1994 - 1999.
• Blauvelt & Kouretchian, LLP, New York, New York, Hoboken, New Jersey, Los Angeles, California, Partner, 1996 - 1999.
• Gainey & McKenna, New York, New York, Hoboken, New Jersey, of-counsel, 1999 - 2000.
• Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC, Edison, New Jersey, Managing Member, 2000 - Present.
• Edison, New Jersey, Municipal Public Defender, 2006 - Present.
• Flemington, New Jersey, former Assistant Municipal Prosecutor, 2007.
• Allamuchy, New Jersey, former alternate Municipal Prosecutor, 2006.
• Bethlehem Township, New Jersey, former alternate Municipal Prosecutor, 2007.
• Bloomsbury, New Jersey, former alternate Municipal Prosecutor, 2007.
• Califon, New Jersey, Clinton, New Jersey, Clinton Township, New Jersey, Franklin Township [Hunterdon], New Jersey, Glen Gardner, New Jersey, High Bridge, New Jersey, Raritan Township, New Jersey, Readington, New Jersey, Tewksbury, New Jersey, Union Township [Hunterdon], New Jersey, former alternate Municipal Prosecutor, 2006 - 2007.
My work experience as both a prosecutor and public defender has exposed me to a broad array of thousands cases, in addition to my private practice. It has given me a greater appreciation for my clients and a new understanding of their feelings and concerns. Also, both prosecuting and public defending has allowed me to be more involved in the community, which I believe is a responsibility that all lawyers should fulfill.
I work best under pressure. The demands of my firm provide a busy environment and compel me to become an extremely organized, effective attorney. I am also very straightforward and manage expectations in all cases by keeping each client informed throughout the court process.Personal interests:
My personal interests include spending time with my family, reading, golf, and hiking.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.