After working for many years in private practice, my partner Sara Scott and I founded Zamani & Scott LLP in 2010 because we are passionate about family formation through adoption and assisted reproductive technology (gestational carrier/surrogacy matters) and helping clients resolve difficult family law matters with dignity and respect.
Zamani & Scott LLP is a family law firm established to help clients start, grow, restructure and plan for their families, and to unwind marriages and long-term committed relationships in a thoughtful, holistic and practical manner. We are committed to helping you accurately understand your options and achieve the best resolution possible in your specific circumstances. Zamani & Scott LLP is located in Washington, D.C. and services families in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Colorado.
As a firm, Zamani & Scott LLP has significant experience representing individuals and couples, including gay and lesbian couples, in the representative matters below:
• Individuals in same-sex relationships who seek a second parent adoption.
• Individuals, including foster parents seeking to adopt a child from the abuse and neglect system.
• Children, as guardian at litem, in adoption and custody proceedings.
• Individuals experiencing domestic violence who wish to pursue a protective order.
• Individuals involved in custody disputes.
• Individuals seeking separation or divorce, including Collaborative divorce.
Wills & Estate Planning
• Individuals seeking wills, living wills, financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and advance directives.
• Individuals requiring assistance with wealth transfer and estate planning, including estate planning for same-sex couples.
2121 K Street NW
Washington DC 20037
We offer complimentary fifteen minute telephone consultations for all matters.
We offer reasonable flat fees wherever appropriate, except on matters that involve litigation due to the unpredictability of litigation.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We have conference facilities in Chevy Chase and Bethesda, Maryland
French and Farsi.
I primarily practice family law because it is incredibly rewarding to help someone at the lowest point of their life climb back up to the top. Toward that end, I believe that families can resolve disputes in a dignified, respectful manner and I make achieving a dignified resolution to family disputes my personal goal in every family law case I handle.
Likewise, it is invigorating to help individuals achieve their dream of parenthood. As a wife and mother, I know what a blessing it is to have a child. I have had a great deal of experience with individuals who had difficulty conceiving and so I am a strong advocate of family formation through adoption and assisted reproductive technology (A.R.T.), such as gestational carrier and donor egg arrangements.
Zamani & Scott LLP is a client driven firm. We always encourage individuals to educate themselves prior to engaging an attorney for any reason. It is our goal to empower our clients with the necessary information to understand their options and to make informed decisions.
As part of an initial consultation, we will always ask whether a client has had prior legal representation and to view related documentation. We are happy to review any client-prepared documentation.
We will determine whether it is appropriate to coach a client on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our website at www.zamaniscott.com
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.