Legal Joy, PLLC focuses on Immigration Law, and only Immigration Law. We are a non-traditional law firm that, using the latest technology provides our international and local clients with direct, almost 24-hour, access to our attorney. Located 5 minutes from the Northwest Detention Center in Washington State, we are able to visit with detainees within 24 hours of their arival.We are efficient, professional, and we keep our clients up to date on their case every step of the way.
Our attorney is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association, and attends on-going trainings/ conferences on the latest Immigration updates so that we will be equipped to provide you with the strongest representation possible.Example cases
• We have successfully assisted clients to obtain citizenship who had previous histories of DUI or domestic violence.
• We have assisted victims of domestic violence to obtain permission to remain in the United States through VAWA or U-Visas.
• We have successfully represented clients who were in removal proceedings, obtaining for them bond and "relief" including Cancellation of Removal, Withholding of Removal and Asylum.
• We have written successful non-immigrant petitions, including H-1B 7th year extensions, L-1s, etc.
• We have helped fiancees and spouses of American residents and Citizens apply for permission to live in the United States and have residency, work authorization, and eventual citizenship themselves.
• We have assisted military spouses apply for an receive residency.
•We have helped applicants appeal negative decisions and successfully file for waivers of inadmissibility
$110 fee for consultations at the Northwest Detention Center. Attorney will meet with detainee within 24 hours of fee payment
We charge fixed fees for each of our services. There are no hidden costs or surprises. We also accept credit cards and offer payment plans.
$250, however most services are provided at a fixed fee instead of billed per hour
Monday through Saturday. Phones are usually answered 8am-8pm. Attorney is accessible to clients 24 hours a day via email.
English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Chinese.
I chose immigration law because it is an opportunity for me to help hard-working people obtain their goals and make a better future for themselves and their family.
Immigration matters are complex, and even "experts" can make serious mistakes. Considering the possible ramifications, it is a client's responsibility to educate themselves as much as possible about their case and to consult with several immigration attorneys before retaining legal counsel. You have worked too hard and your future is too important to blindly leave it in the hands of another.
Also, beware of notarios/notaries who offer immigration law assistance in the United States. They are not attorneys and are not authorized to practice law.
Very willing. No one knows their case better than the client. We encourage clients to provide us with as much documentation and to communicate with us as much as possible.
There is an old saying, "A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client." It is always wise to hire an attorney, even if you are one yourself, who can help you navigate legal waters. This is especially true in the very complex area of Immigration Law.
However, there are many reasons why a client would choose to represent themselves. As an attorney, my job is to help my client achieve their lawful goals. If self-representation is the path my client wishes to take, it is my job to support them.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.