I founded The Maggio Law Firm, Inc., in 2005. My firm is based in Irvine, California, with a second office located in Riverside, California. My firm is dedicated to the practice of divorce and family law in the Orange County and Riverside areas. My firm fights for clients with compassion, experience, and professionalism so that they can get the fast and fair results that allow them to move on with their lives.
My firm is experienced in all aspects of divorce and family law, including child custody, child and spousal support, property division, business valuations, stepparent adoptions, and even domestic partnerships. We can guide clients through the process with professionalism and aggressive representation. We know that divorce is one of the most stressful and agonizing aspects that people can ever experience in life, and that's when they need competent and caring representation to get them through the process quickly.
I have handled numerous Orange County divorce and family law matters and Riverside divorce and family law matters ranging from simple divorces to complex marital dissolutions involving business evaluations, division of assets, and contentious custody battles involving child custody experts.
I work hard for my clients and their comments best explain the types of cases I have handled and the results that I have obtained for them:
• "I wanted to thank you for helping our family come to a resolution of our son's case as well as it did." ~ Cesar V.
• "Mr. Maggio was the greatest attorney for me and my child. I would recommend him and his firm to everyone who is going through a child custody case." ~ J. Gonzalez
• "I cannot put a price on the advice and wisdom that Gerald Maggio has dedicated to my divorce and now my child custody case. The time, effort and patience that he has shown me on the face of such difficult circumstances are priceless. He has explained every legal matter in detail that otherwise I would be lost. I would make an educated recommendation to anyone that has a legal matter, Mr. Maggio will be there for you." ~ Martha D.
• "Gerald Maggio is a terrific lawyer. He was always there when I needed an ear to listen to me, or when I needed to make a decision. Without Mr. Maggio, I am not sure that my case would have had such a wonderful outcome. My daughter's welfare was in his hands, and I always felt safe and was assured that Gerry would make the right decision. Custody cases can be very ugly and frustrating, but with a lawyer like Mr. Maggio, his clients can feel secure that he always has their best interest at heart." ~ Laura K.
• "Words cannot express my appreciation with the job you did for my sister Gloria on her divorce case. Thank you for your extraordinary responsiveness and willingness to help me n every way you could in this case. Your work was crucial since Gloria was suffering with a terminal cancer. Your professionalism, legal experience, compassion and caring for Gloria through her difficult time were admirable and remarkable. I will not hesitate to contact you in the future, or to recommend you to others when the occasion arises." ~ Elba V.
• "All I can say that I appreciate your professionalism, empathy, and consideration in handling my case. You presented an honest approach to my difficult situation. Susan Wright and your staff have wonderful assisting my needs as well. I wish you continued success with helping others achieving amicable solutions." ~ Omar G.
• "I cannot thank you enough for all that you did to make this divorce settlement happen quickly... you have unbelievable patience and wisdom! You made the complexities of my divorce seem effortless. Your efficiency and knowledge of the law let me just breathe and rest in the confidence of knowing things will be taken care of. You treated me with respect, and at a time in my life when I felt I had lost so much, you reassured me of my strength and gave me opportunities to make my own decisions. You have an amazing ability to exhibit strength in a courtroom while showing compassion to clients. Not to mention you have a great sense of humor that brought light to a typically gloomy situation. Unlike some firms, I did not feel like a case number. It is my hope that I never have to refer my loved ones to a family law divorce law firm, but if I do, The Maggio Law Firm would be the one!" ~Tiffany B.
• "Thanks Gerry, I really appreciate all of your effort, advice and counsel on my divorce. You are the right blend of aggressiveness and client acceptance in decision making. I will definitely recommend you and have you on my call list should I ever need your advice again, although I hope not as you can imagine." ~ Allen V.
• "Gerald Maggio was a blessing to me. From the very moment I met Gerry, I knew everything would work out... I would be okay. That gave me comfort at a time that I was not sure about anything or anyone. During a very difficult season of my life, The Maggio Law Firm was able to give me guidance through many unfamiliar issues, providing me all options, explaining the law as it pertained to me, giving me all the details and then letting me decide how we were going to proceed, assuring me that my wishes would be met to the best of Mr. Maggio's abilities. My case was not going to make front-page news; as a matter of fact, it was not all that exciting to begin with. I can only hope that Mr. Maggio knows of my heartfelt thank you filled with all the hope and amazement that my life now has in store that would not have happened without all of his help. The qualities that I appreciate most about Mr. Maggio are his honesty and compassion to which he demonstrates in his profession. I was a total stranger but Mr. Maggio made me feel like a friend from the start, not just a file with a case number, which is what I feared it to be like. I could never begin to comprehend the complexity of law and to what degree Mr. Maggio's role is in to day-to-day. With that said, he provided not only the service to which he was hired but went a step further to make sure that I, the person, was alright too. The experience was one that I will never forget and hope never to repeat." ~ Sherri Y.
43 Corporate Park
Irvine CA 92606
Yes, depending on the services to be provided. Otherwise, I bill on an hourly basis.
$325 per hour.
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Available other times by appointment.
The practice areas of divorce and family law simply feel real to me. Virtually everyone is affected by family law issues in some capacity, and many individuals are married or have been married. I am married and have a family. I can relate to my clients on a very personal level that is unlike virtually any other area of law, and I like that. Moreover, I feel that with my skills, background, experience, and personality, I am best suited to really make a difference in this area of law than I could in any other area of law.
I believe it is prudent to understand what their legal rights are, but not to assume that they fully understand the law by such self-education, because there are many intricacies of the law that cannot be gained from reading a book or looking at a website.
Yes, dependent on the circumstances and what documents are to be reviewed.
I previously worked in other Southern California law firms for 6 years before opening my practice. Prior to becoming an attorney, I worked in the legal field and therefore have over 17 years of legal experience.
Throughout my work experience in general, and my legal career in particular, I have always worked closely with people to reach solutions to their problems and assist them in a multitude of capacities. Being an Orange County divorce and family law attorney and working with clients requires a combination of compassion for clients, listening to their needs, professionalism, honest communications, and objective assessment of a client's case. I possess these qualities and that's why I have been successful in my practice.
I treat each client as a person and not a number, and I provide aggressive representation when necessary, while always balancing that with attempts to resolve legal disputes with minimal litigation and legal fees. I guide my clients through the legal process with the right combination of aggressiveness and professionalism to achieve successful results. There are attorneys who adopt a one-size-fits-all, scorched-earth approach to divorce cases that amounts to being overly-aggressive when many cases do not justify such approach, which only results in huge legal fees and an opposing party who now hates the other spouse or partner. I do not believe that such an approach is in most people's best interests, although I do not hesitate to take an aggressive stance in a case when necessary. Instead, developing a customized, objective "legal road map" for a client and taking action based on that individualized plan is being a smart legal advocate for my clients.Personal interests:
My family (I have three young children), golf, running, and reading.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.