Since 1997, the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C. has dedicated its practice to providing businesses and individuals in New Mexico with high value legal services in the areas of bankruptcies (both commercial and consumer), creditor and debtor relations, commercial and real estate litigation, and real estate and commercial and secured transactions. The firm hired Dean Cross as an associate attorney to handle estate and tax planning, as well as tax controversy litigation in 2011. Mr. Cross recently received an advanced law degree (LL.M.) in taxation from the University of Miami College of Law. Currently, he is completing an advanced law degree in estate planning at the same university. Mr. Cross joins associate Patricia Bradley who also handles estate planning and trusts for the firm.
Mr. Giddens has been nominated by lawyers and judges for his commitment to the highest ethics and his superior professional abilities; consequently, he has received the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent) for his superior professional abilities and high integrity. Mr. Giddens has also been named a Southwest Super Lawyer in 2009 and 2012 in the practice area of bankruptcy and was named Best of the Bar/Bankrptcy by New Mexico Business Weekly in 2011. He and his team of attorneys work hard to solve client problems without the cost of litigation, but will aggressively litigate when it's in their clients' best interests.
Our goal at the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C. is to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your experience with our firm. We use sophisticated technology coupled with a high level of personal service. In addition, our support staff will keep you up-to-date on the status of your case, and they are committed to returning your calls promptly. Our attorneys are recognized by our clients and our peers as being among the best in our field. We are respected not only because of our professional abilities as counselors and litigators, but because we are committed to finding the best solution for our clients' individual needs.
As people rely on credit cards to pay day-to-day expenses due to chronic long-term unemployment and under-water mortgages, consumer debt is at an all-time high. We've saved homes, family farms and businesses, allowing our clients to get a fresh start through the bankruptcy process, debt negotiation and other means. We've also been able to provide relief from creditors and creditor harrassment through the bankruptcy process. At the same time, if bankruptcy isn't right for you, we'll tell you and suggest other viable options.
Communication is paramount to what we do, and we'll speak to you in plain English, not legalese. With concern, compassion and confidentiality, we'll listen to your concerns and find unique ways to represent your best interests.
Your problems - and your goals - are important to us. At the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C., we can help, or if we can't, we'll say so. We'll never waste your valuable time or money, and we'll work to prevent problems if possible, and, if not, to solve them away from the courthouse. When you need a trusted adviser who takes the time to understand your business - someone who listens and can relate to your circumstances - call The Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, PC. We are honest and experienced, and our goal is to help you avoid legal entanglements and make your business more profitable.
A short time with me or the other attorneys in the firm gives you the peace of mind of knowing that you've minimized your vulnerability - that nothing has been overlooked that is likely to hurt you or your business - so you're free to do what you do best.
• Isler v. TXO, 749 F.2d 22 (10th Cir. 1984)
• GNMA v. RTC, 802 F. Supp. 387 (D. Ct. N.M. 1992)
• Minuteman v. Alexander, 166 B.R. 729 (Bankruptcy. N.M. 1993)
• Outlook/Century, Ltd., 127 B.R. 650 (Bankruptcy. N.D. Calif. 1991)
• PCA v. Lane, 61B.R. 526 (Bankruptcy. D. N.M. 1986)
10400 Academy Rd. NE
Albuquerque NM 87111
Free initial consultation on most matters is one hour long.
We generally do not have fixed fee services.
Range from $125 per hour to $275.
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
My academic interest in law school was primarily commercial law. When I began practicing in the early 1980s, I discovered there were not many lawyers with true expertise in Bankruptcy, so I decided to pursue as much expertise in that field as I could.
I think it is beneficial for clients to gather information relating to their problems. It helps them to ask better questions of their attorney.
I encourage clients to have all documents they prepare for use in their business reviewed by me or another attorney in the firm.
I will do this when the client is involved in a matter in which the amount in controversy does not justify using an attorney to fully prosecute the matter.
SHAREHOLDER (1992 to Oct. 1997)
Behles-Giddens, P.A., Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Manage all aspects of 22 employee (8-9 attorney) law office, including recruiting, hiring, employee evaluation, budgeting, finances, marketing, training and workload distribution
• Responsible attorney in a wide variety of civil cases, including business and agricultural bankruptcy, real estate transactions and litigation, foreclosures, banking, U.C.C., lender liability, and contract negotiation, drafting and litigation
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1987 to1991)
Jennie Deden Behles, J.D. P.A., Albuquerque, New Mexico
• Handled variety of civil cases, business and agricultural bankruptcies, real estate transactions and litigation, banking, foreclosures, U.C.C., and contract matters
• Exceeded all billing and client generation requirements
• Top billing associate each year of employment
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1986 to 1987)
Shamas & Perrin, Roswell, New Mexico
• Handled cases in areas of banking transactions and litigation, foreclosures, real estate matters, and bankruptcy
• Assisted partner with personal injury cases
• Developed and maintained client relationship with second largest savings & loan in New Mexico
• Developed and implemented system for handling large volume of residential mortgage foreclosures
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY (1983 to 1986)
Atwood, Malone, Mann & Turner, Roswell, New Mexico
• Handled or assisted with cases in banking, U.C.C., oil & gas, bankruptcy, workman's compensation and corporate matters. Worked closely with classified assets department of Sunwest Bank of Roswell on variety of workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy situations.
My experience as a trial lawyer helps me to get better results for clients without having to go to trial because opponents know that I have no fear of going to court. Because I am a Christian, I try to be sensitive to the pain of my clients and to be respectful of all.
I am direct and to the point. I am not afraid to go to Court if it is necessary to protect the rights of my clients, but I know how to solve problems without resort to litigation most of the time. I am informal and try to avoid formality whenever possible.Personal interests:
Church activities, golf, cooking, and bicycling.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.