I founded Hyra IP, PLC in 2008 in order to better meet the need of small businesses for intellectual property representation.
Hyra IP, PLC is focused on providing personalized service to small businesses and individuals at affordable rates. I take an informational approach, providing free articles and newsletters to educate the public about intellectual property issues. When things get complicated and you need some help, come to me for whatever services you need and I will give you close personal attention at flat, reasonable fees.
1. I have filed and prosecuted patent applications for all different technologies, including: toys and consumer products, agricultural materials, optical and chemical sensors, semiconductor devices, computer software and more.
2. I have filed and prosecuted all manner of trademark registration applications for logos, slogans, trade names, product line names, etc.
3. I have filed copyright registration applications for different creative works, including sculptures and secure exams.
4. I have also negotiated resolutions to intellectual property disputes, drafted contracts relating to intellectual property, handled opposition and cancellation proceedings, etc.
12120 Sunset Hills Rd.
Reston VA 20190
Yes, free initial consultation up to one hour.
Almost all of my services are provided at a flat rate. Please visit the fees page of my website at www.HyraIP.com/Fees for my complete fee schedule.
225 per hour for services that cannot be billed at a flat rate.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Availability at other times varies.
Yes, Lakisha or Tiffany.
I have always had a great interest in the sciences and arts and majored in aerospace engineering. It was only natural for me to put my education and interest to use helping people to get patents, trademarks and copyrights. I love to help small businesses grow by protecting and leveraging their intellectual property.
I support it 100%. It is my responsibility to educate my clients on the legal matters they are involved in. I find that my most educated clients generally get the very best results. I help to educate clients and the general public on the topic of intellectual property law at www.Patents101.com.
I am very willing to do so and include such services in my fee schedule, which can be found at www.HyraIP.com/Fees. That said, in intellectual property law the best results are obtained by working with a lawyer throughout the legal process.
I would be willing to do so, however I do not generally recommend it. Intellectual property is a highly specialized field. See my article on this topic at http://patents101.com/2008/07/do-i-need-a-patent-attorney/.
Prior to starting my own practice, I was a law clerk, patent agent and associate intellectual property attorney for several years at a small intellectual property firm in McLean, Virginia. There, I drafted utility and provisional patent applications and copyright and trademark applications, prepared responses to patent and trademark office actions, prosecuted appeals before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, prosecuted an appeal before the Federal Circuit, conducted trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, prepared UDRP complaints, and negotiated various settlements and agreements.
Of course, my excellent education and experience working with hundreds of individuals and small businesses on intellectual property issues have contributed greatly to my abilities as a lawyer. However, what makes me a good lawyer is the desire and ability to be excellent and the willingness to work hard to achieve that excellence. I learn more about the law every day. I am always working to improve myself and to improve the service I provide to my clients.
I excel at guiding individuals and small businesses through the patent, trademark, and copyright application processes. My style is to work closely with each client, providing as much information as they are interested in and as much guidance as they need. I offer tailored intellectual property solutions for all circumstances, from the one product start-up to the thriving innovation-based corporation.Personal interests:
Besides law, I enjoy sports, including tennis and basketball, traveling, reading, watching movies, and spending time with my family.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.